Pink Fire Pointer Smell Is A Powerful Memory Trigger

Smell Is A Powerful Memory Trigger

It's funny how a certain smell can set off a childhood memory with the vividity of a Vietnam flashback, accompanied by a thumping Rolling Stones based soundtrack. I was almost floored when the smell of my hot water bottle being filled, clumsily mashed my olfactory finger on the play button of My Childhood: The Highlights.


I went on a little drift through some of the best bits of my early days; playing "Six and Out" cricket on the green, Bunker 123, Hedge Hopping, reading The Hobbit, going to see Granddad and seeing what swag he had, fighting with my brother and all manor of forgotten times.

The main thing the hot water bottle smell did though, was remind me of how fucking cold it was in that house.